Subject: Annual Epidemiological Reports, seven priority diseases, published today
From: "FWD ECDC" <[email-masked]>
To: "patricia.garvey" <[email-masked]>, "Antra Bormane" <[email-masked]>,Guðrún Aspelund - Landl <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>,Rezsőfi Judit <[email-masked]>, "Pedro Licinio Pinto Leite" <[email-masked]>, "molnar.zsuzsanna" <[email-masked]>, "Maritschnik Sabine" <[email-masked]>, "Christian.Kornschober" <[email-masked]>, "dieter.vancauteren" <[email-masked]>, "Geraldine.DeMuylder" <[email-masked]>, "mimipavlovaa" <[email-masked]>, "iva.
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>, "FWD ECDC" <[email-masked]>, "Country Cooperation" <[email-masked]>, "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobse
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 16:13:50 +0200

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To: National Focal Points for FWD - members and alternates; Operational 
Contact Points for FWD– Epidemiology and Microbiology for salmonella 
isolates, salmonellosis, campylobacter isolates, campylobacteriosis, 
shigellosis, yersiniosis, hepatitis A, e-coli isolates, listeria isolates, 
listeriosis, and VTEC

Cc: National Coordinators

Dear colleagues,

Today we publish seven Annual Epidemiological Reports for the data reported 
for 2022, namely campylobacteriosis, salmonellosis, yersiniosis, 
shigatoxigenic Escherichia coli infection (STEC), listeriosis, shigellosis 
and hepatitis A.

Together with the publication, we also published a news item, please see the 
link provided below, where we stress e.g. the observed increase in diseases 
that can cause more severe symptoms. New for this year is that we present 
the trend in distribution of STEC-associated HUS cases, and the trend for 
the largest STEC serogroups. Other highlights are the increase in reported 
gbMSM cases with XDR Shigella strains and much more.

We sincerely thank you for reporting your country’s data for the food- and 
waterborne infections, data that can be used for understanding the impact on 
preventive measures, enabling more efficient outbreak responses, and a 
better understanding of the spread of new emerging strains.

We also take the opportunity of informing of the upcoming publication of the 
EFSA-ECDC EU summary report on AMR for 2021/2022 on the 21st February. The 
main findings on resistance in Salmonella and Campylobacter from human 
infections in 2022 are also included in the respective AER chapters.

Link to the press release: Increase in severe food-borne infections reported 
in EU/EEA in 2022 (europa.eu) 
<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-events/increase-severe-food-borne-infections-reported-eueea-2022>

Kind regards,

The ECDC FWD Team

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.